Tuesday, July 28, 2020

My AWS experiments n notes





AWS Login issue - rare case - worth seeing :)

502 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.


The origin closed the connection. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: 7ZVY4aMiDfJQZ_jKVREL72qokqXwV0TVxyjgiFhzteD2yyOe5QL5MQ==


My Route53 migration (Domain is still under the other AWS account)

There were multiple hurdles

New certificate procured for the domain to attach with the CloudFront Distribution

Validation did not work even after multiple retries using "add recordset to the Route53 hostedZone" option. It was being added and says successful, but goes away and validation was not completing
Later, I had to recreate and validate using email authentication

This issue might be because I created new hosted zone for the domain in this new account, however, I did not update the name servers @ DNS entry to match this new hosted zone (I had deleted the old hosted zone few days before fully setting up the new one)

I noticed below AWS page very late


Site note reachable - Error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

This is found to be a browser issue as per below link
https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/dns_probe_finished_nxdomain/

AuthorizedHeaderMalformed from CloudFront

Though I got this error, when I tried from a different laptop (VPN), and at the same time, (for so many hours) my personal laptop was showing me that the site is not available (forgot the exact message) 
However, all on a sudden it started working for me, which was a surprise for me, as I did not expect this long time for the changes to get reflected

Now I assume the reason for the long delay being my bad config and then default TTL for the NS record (was 172800 sec - 48 hours) - Now I made it to just 1 minute (but should have been cached @)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment